Work Citing

First let me apologize to Elaine @ “The Sharp Pencil Manuscript editing and production.” I wanted to explain what I wanted in a line editor and so I copied and pasted the definition from her website. After having seen many other explanations and details about line editing/substantive editing, I wanted to get across what exactly I was looking for, and moving so quick to find an editor, I did not cite her website, and totally forgot to get permission to do so. I pray she accepts my apologies as I am a writer myself, as well as journalist and should have known better. I am usually more professional and mineful, but I think my hands were moving much quicker than my mind. Again, I apologize, Andrea

Line Editor Needed

I am in need of a line editor to fulfill the following for an African American novel:

***Line editing. Also known as stylistic editing or medium editing. In addition to the tasks performed as part of copyediting, includes clarifying meaning; rewording jargon and awkward phrasing; eliminating wordiness; changing passive voice to active voice; flagging inappropriate, ambiguous, or incorrect statements; ensuring parallel structure; rearranging sentences within paragraphs; correcting inconsistencies in writing style and tone; and flagging discrepancies in plot, setting, and character traits.

The manuscript is 160 pages and 67,000 words.
There is a multitude of slang and so it is vital that the person applying for the job have this type of experience.

Email me at requesting a copy of the manuscript. I have a 7 page sample and a 20 page sample.
Thanks in advance

Wecome visitors;

I’ve been waiting for you, lol. Enjoy my blog. I will put new items for discussion up every 3-4 days during the summer.

Feel free to post what ever you’d like, including your own topics. Anything you can add regarding literature, writing or film is very much welcomed here, especially, “Guess What” material to keep us all updated.

Y’all have fun, and y’all come back now, ya’hear?

Even out of the Novel, Life Knows No Bounds

Regarding My Novel

Well, I’ve got a lot of feedback from professionals, Entertainment Lawyers, Publicist, Agents and Published Authors. It appears that the novel I was going to publish Life Knows No Bounds has a few changes:

– I will not publish with Print On Demand as they get 75% of profits, leaving me less than 25%
– I have started my own publishing company so I can make the 75% myself, along with more
as an Author.
– I will not be publishing a book of short stories, as told to me by an associate and publicist, I will
be instead publishing 5 novels within the next few years, as she puts it, “Novellas aren’t really
selling,” and your book has far more than the # of pages for a novel.
– Each of the novels will bare the title Life Knows No Bounds as a title, with their own sub title.

These are changes I didn’t want to do. Being the rebel I am I wanted to do things my way, like Frank Sinatra sang. But, in this case my way wasn’t going to benefit anyone, me, the publisher; anyone. So, I am submitting/conforming to the way things are done, and I guess I can creatively express myself later when I am a known someobody, right?

Even out of the Novel, Life Knows No Bounds

Official Blog of Andrea Clinton

%d bloggers like this: